This position will analyze the needs of the program and the type of information that will assist the program in meeting those needs. The database specialist is responsible for creating the structure for processing data through software and hardware.
- Develop procedures to support the transfer, administration, procedure-to-pay integration, and close-out of transferred procurement instruments
- Establish database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
- Document and communicate database design
- Evaluate and install database management systems
- Code complex programs and derive logical processes on technical platforms
- Build windows, screens and reports
- Assist in the design of user interface and business application prototypes
- Provide expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database
- Adapt business requirements, developed by modeling/development staff and systems engineers, and develops the data, database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application
- Help to develop an understanding of client’s original data and storage mechanisms
- Determine appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization
- Determine how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in relevant area
- Ability to analyze program needs and provide information to meet those needs
- Ability to build windows, screens and reports
- Technical capacity
- Time management
- Communication proficiency
- Minimum of SECRET Security Clearance Required
It is the policy of Alliance Pointe to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
ABOUT ALLIANCE POINTE, LLC:
Alliance Pointe, LLC is a HUBZone Certified, Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) management consulting services firm based in the Washington, D.C. metro area. We provide strategic business transformation and governance services to government and commercial organizations implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) programs. For more information, see www.alliancepointe.com.