The applications developer works with and supports other developers, applying training in information technology and computer programming to the design, modification, and maintenance of applications programs. The applications developer modifies programs from specifications, including coding, testing, debugging, documentation, and production support for those programs.
- Develop programming code and software modifications using appropriate languages and tools to provide responsive and innovative solutions
- Research, design, and develop prototypes using USF-specific selected products and technologies to demonstrate utility, productivity enhancements, and cost savings
- Write documentation to provide user support for programs and for production/operating procedures
- Conduct analysis, design, evaluation, modification, testing, and implementation of enterprise wide systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP, CGI ERP systems) across functional systems
- Plan and direct studies of potential electronic data processing applications and prepare design proposals to reflect cost, time and alternative actions to satisfy existing and future needs of the company
- Develop custom code or interfaces provide patches, and/or upgrades for the ERP system using languages such as C++, Visual Basic, ABAP, JAVA, XTML, Objective C, HTML 5, .NET, etc.
- Prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of software development, and analyze system capacities to resolve questions of software internet, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls
- Develop test plans and protocols for evaluation of system performance
- Conduct analysis of systems specifics and uses the latest analysis/diagramming tools to represent business/technical processes.
- Develop conversions and system implementation plans
- Prepare and obtain approval and system and programming documentation
- Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards
- Coordinate system upgrade activity
- Train user personnel in the conversion and implementation of the system
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in relevant area
- Ability to develop programming code and software modifications
- Ability to plan and direct studies of potential electronic data processing applications
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Minimum of SECRET Security Clearance Required
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
It is the policy of Alliance Pointe to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
ABOUT ALLIANCE POINTE, LLC:
Alliance Pointe, LLC is a HUBZone Certified, Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) management consulting services firm based in the Washington, D.C. metro area. We provide strategic business transformation and governance services to government and commercial organizations implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) programs. For more information, see www.alliancepointe.com.